Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Not Knowing Can Set You Free

Are Crop Circles man made? Who built the Pyramids? Does consciousness survive the death of the body? These are questions I have pondered for many years. At certain times I feel I have 'got the answer'! at others I am uncertain and bemused.

Last month I attended a week long Holotropic Breathwork module in NY in the beautiful Menla Mountain Retreat centre. I am absolutely amazed at the power of this technique for exploring consciousness. I got some great insights.

We live in a culture that seems to be most uncomfortable with anything being left unknown. Let's take Crop Circles as an example. You will find it easy to find someone who is convinced they are 'man made'. Similarly it is as easy to find someone arguing they are messages from some off planet intelligence. Much harder is it to find someone who, with an authentic shrug of the shoulders humbly admits 'honestly I don't know'!

I have felt great freedom by accepting the limited nature of my ego. The minute  I am honest with myself and admit that there are many things I just do not know I am filled with a lovely relief. Right now little me (Geoff Fitzpatrick 'father of 2' etc does not know categorically how crop circles are formed.

This surrender to the powerlessness of my ego-self to 'work it all out' is in no way an admission of defeat.

Transpersonal psychology has taught me about the existence of a wisdom that reaches far beyond the scope of our personal selves. In the modern west this idea is often criticised because it doesn't fit our materialist scientific model. But I am convinced of the existence of an intelligence that permeates all of existence. Primarily due to my own personal experience which is supported by the research of this centuries greatest minds.

Nobel laureate Max Planck; esteemed physicist and founder of quantum theory asserts "All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force... We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind. This Mind is the matrix of all matter.”

It is to this higher mind we can hand over our deeper and more complex questions. If you haven't tried this it probably sounds mad. But I promise if you give it a go you will be amazed at what will come to you via your intuition. Try it out. You've nothing to lose.

I did this with my Crop Circle conundrum and was surprised at what was revealed!

No comments:

Post a Comment